LOW CARB CHEESECAKE
A gluten-free, low carb cheesecake recipe that’s EASY to make with only 8 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time. This sugar-free keto cheesecake tastes just like the real thing – delicious!
Almond Flour Cheesecake Crust
- 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Butter (measured solid, then melted)
- 3 tbsp Besti Erythritol (granular or powdered works fine)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Keto Cheesecake Filling
- 32 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup Besti Powdered Erythritol (erythritol must be powdered; can also use powdered monk fruit sweetener)
- 3 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a 9 in (23 cm) springform pan (or you can line the bottom with parchment paper).
- To make the almond flour cheesecake crust, stir the almond flour, melted butter, erythritol, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, until well combined. The dough will be slightly crumbly. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until barely golden. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and powdered sweetener together at low to medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Finally, beat in the lemon juice and vanilla extract. (Keep the mixer at low to medium the whole time; too high speed will introduce too many air bubbles, which we don’t want.)
- Pour the filling into the pan over the crust. Smooth the top with a spatula (use a pastry spatula for a smoother top if you have one).
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes, until the center is almost set, but still jiggly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven. If the edges are stuck to the pan, run a knife around the edge (don’t remove the springform edge yet). Cool in the pan on the counter to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight), until completely set. (Do not try to remove the cake from the pan before chilling.)
- Serve with fresh raspberry sauce or some thing else if desired.*
- To make optional raspberry sauce, simmer 1 cup fresh raspberries with 2 tablespoons water and sweetener to taste, for 5-10 minutes, breaking the berries with a spatula. Add additional water to thin out to your liking.
- There has been some confusion about carb counts. Two things to watch for:
- Erythritol is not included in carb count because it does not get metabolized. Most calculators like MFP do not know to exclude it.
- The official USDA database lists cream cheese as 1.56g of carbs per ounce. Some product labels may round this up or down, but it’s actually the same for any full-fat cream cheese regardless of brand. Some calculators round this up to 2g per ounce, which can account for a big difference when extrapolating to the 32 oz needed for this low carb cheesecake recipe.
Serving size: 1 slice (1/16 of recipe)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 6g
Net Carbs 5g